|Mango Fool with Coconut Biscuits|
I’ve been doing loads of cooking and recipe testing in preparation for the next (and last for a while!) Loaves & Fishes Supper. As usual there will be a loose theme and the planned summery evening will be Indian! Nothing will be too crazy hot or spicy so everyone should enjoy it. I’m using the amazing spices from Green Saffron, a Cork based company that import and mix the most amazing fresh spices.
Cucumber and Elderflower Champagne Cocktail
Mini Poppadums with fresh mint, red onion and mango chutneys
Chola Tikki (Indian Falafel) with salad
Green Saffron Red Lentil Dahl with Pilau Rice, Banana Raita and Coriander Flatbreads
Mango Fool with Coconut Biscuits
Tea & Coffee with Eastern Mendiants
Everything is homemade and it was great to practice making everything, especially the flatbreads! I’ve included the recipe below.I think they’d be perfect with dill added for a greek meal or chilli flakes. It’s similar to a scone recipe and very versatile.
300g plain flour
2 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bread soda
1 tsp nigella seeds
3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
250ml plain yogurt
Olive Oil (for frying)
- Sieve the flour, ground coriander, baking powder, bread soda and salt together into a large bowl. Stir through the nigella seeds and chopped coriander.
- Add the yogurt and combine with a fork until the mixture forms clumps.
- Tip onto a floured surface and knead for a minute until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide into eight equal pieces. Roll each piece into a circle 4 1/2″ wide.
- Lightly oil a heavy based frying pan and place over a medium heat. Cook the breads 2 or 3 at a time, leave for 3 minutes on each side until puffed up and golden brown. Serve warm.
6 Responses to Easy Indian Flatbread & The Loaves & Fishes August Menu