Sicilian Wedding Cake
1500g digestive biscuits
1200g ricotta (6 tubs)
4 tbsp vanilla essence
6 tbsp icing sugar
Zest of 4 lemon
900g approx of each: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants
Icing Sugar for dusting
- Crush the digestives in the food processor until there are crumbs and some large bits. You don’t want dust! Melt the butter and mix well in a large bowl with the biscuit crumbs.
- Tip the buttered crumb mixture onto your serving plate. Work quickly while the mixture is still warm. Shape into a large circle and make sure it is compact by flattening with the back of a spoon so that it will set into a nice crunchy biscuit layer that you can cut into.
- Whilst the base is setting prepare your berries. Place them in nice serving bowls, slice and sugar the strawberries.
- Place the ricotta, lemon zest, vanilla and icing sugar into a bowl, beat until combined
- Whip the cream until it is soft. Gently fold the cream into the ricotta mixture using a large spatula.
- To serve spread the ricotta cream mixture over the base, top with the berries and dust with icing sugar.
This is very easy to make, the most difficult thing is finding what to put it on! I used a circle of toughened glass. The Cake is perfect for large gatherings and parties! As always thanks to my brilliant sisters and Rosie for taking the photos!
NOTE: We’re currently booked up for April and May, as we only do it once a month it filled up quick. It’s great to see so much interest. It would be great if more people started holding supperclubs too! We’re taking a break for summer but will keep the blog updated with upcoming events. x