Yogurt: Mix a few tablespoons of Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of dried dill, 1 crushed garlic clove, a squeeze of lemon juice & a pinch of salt. Combine well and drizzle with a good olive oil.
Carrot Salad: Mix 2 tbsp lemon juice with some olive oil, salt and black pepper. Grate three carrots and pour over the dressing. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
A mixed green salad or rocket
4 wholemeal pitta breads, warmed in the oven
As many falafel as you want
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp coriander
150g frozen peas
large handful fresh mint, parsley & coriander
400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
70g bread crumbs
sunflower oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, stirring for 10-15 mins. Add the spices and stir for 30 seconds. Take off the heat.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the peas in a food processor with the spiced onion, herbs, chickpeas, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Season well then pulse to a coarse paste.Using your hands form into 20 walnut size balls, then chill for 30 mins.
- Half fill a large frying pan with sunflower oil and heat. Fry the falafel in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden and cooked. Drain on kitchen paper.