|Above: Macadamia, White Chocolate and Cranberry Panettone & Mini Chocolate & Almond|
350g strong bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 sachet (7g) fast action yeast
50g golden caster sugar
100g almonds, toasted & chopped
100g butter, soft
3 eggs, beaten
4 tbsp milk, warm
100g dark chocolate, chopped
25g melted butter, to finish
- Grease and line the tin(s) with greaseproof paper. If using mini silicone tins there’s no need to grease or line them.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast, sugar and nuts
- Make a well in the centre. Add the eggs, butter and milk. Mix well. Turn out onto your work surface.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. This can also be done in a mixer using a dough hook.
- Place into a large greased bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to double in size for an hour in a warm place.
- Once risen punch down the dough with your fist, knead for 5 minutes. Gradually knead in the chopped chocolate. Shape and place into the prepared tin(s)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Leave the dough to rise for 30 minutes. Carefully brush the top with melted butter. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. I remove mine from the tin for the final five minutes to give them an overall golden colour.
- Once the base sounds hollow when tapped the loaves can be removed from the oven and left to cool on a rack. Duct with icing sugar once cooled and wrap.